Graham Packaging Releases 2022 ESG Report
Lancaster, Pennsylvania — (March 22, 2023) — Graham Packaging, an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative and sustainable packaging solutions, is proud to announce the release of its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report. The comprehensive report details the Pennsylvania-based company’s significant achievements last year for its customers, employees and the planet, as well as its ambitious goals for the future.
“For Graham Packaging, 2022 was a year of continued growth in our ESG efforts, building on the progress we’ve made over the past several years,” said Tracee Auld, Chief Strategy and Sustainability Officer, Graham Packaging. “Our results confirm that we are a people, planet and values-focused company with a strong emphasis on a holistic sustainability strategy that will help us create a better tomorrow for all.”
Some highlights from the report include:
- Graham reduced its GHG scope 1 emissions by 17% and scope 2 emissions by 10% from the previous year.
- Sustainalytics gave the company a top ESG rating in regional and industry categories, with Graham scoring second in its containers and packaging industry globally.
- 98% of Graham’s products are recyclable, with its overall post-consumer recycled (PCR) content at 7%
- Graham established targets in line with the 1.5°C target based on the latest climate science and submitted those targets for validation to the Science-Based Target initiative for review in 2023.
- Graham received the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group.
- Two additional plants received International Sustainability & Carbon Certification (ISCC) Plus certification, bringing Graham’s total to four plants that can allow for use of advanced recycled materials.
- Graham reported the fewest recordable incidents in company history.
- The company launched its Blue Culture initiative, dedicated to driving a constructive culture of excellence and accountability.
- The company established its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council.
- 100% of Graham’s locations participated in employee-led community service events, and 70% led two or more efforts, such as cleanup projects and clothing and food drives.
- Graham was voted one of the best workplaces in Lancaster County for the second year in a row.
- Based on its engagement survey, more than 80% of Graham’s employees reported feeling respected by their peers.
- Graham operationalized its Strategy for a Better Tomorrow, articulating how corporate principles translate into value for all of Graham’s stakeholders.
- The company continued its focus on governance and policies, expanding its internal risk area audits, beginning implementation of a new data collection software for sustainability, and identifying new tools to manage and govern internal audit pillars.
To review the complete 2022 ESG Report from Graham Packaging, visit https://www.grahampackaging.com/sustainability.